COTSWOLD WAY CHALLENGE
100km & 50km or 25km options After a successful 1st year, the Cotswold Way Challenge r.... Read More »
The role of Operations Manager supports the Regional Director and North of England team during a period of sustained significant growth.
The post holders will be responsible for the achievement of Regional targets and strategy through overseeing the provision of technical advice, training, quality assurance and network development undertaken by the Operations Officer team.
Initially responsible for four Operations Officers, it is anticipated that this team will grow in size over the years to come, due to continued expansion as the Region recruits additional licensed delivery partners. Although the role will entail extensive travelling around the Region, the office is based
in North Shields, and the post holder will occasionally need to attend meetings in the Regional Office in Liverpool, on the request of the Director.
• In conjunction with the Regional Director, develop the Regional Operational Strategy and ensure its implementation through the Operations Officers.
• Line management and development of North East Operations Officers.
• To establish, promote and maintain strong working relationships (either directly or via a line managed Operations Officer) with Operating Authorities to ensure the delivery of high quality DofE programmes in the relevant area of the Region.
• To represent the North of England Regional Office on national training initiatives.
• To keep abreast of Government, Local Authority and other policies and initiatives in order to be able to link these to the operation of the DofE in the Region.
• To produce and deliver a North of England Regional training strategy,including the setting of, and adherence to budgets in the relevant area of the Region.
• Management of the North of England Regional training team including the development of new training courses to support Regional objectives and quality assurance checks on the training delivered.
• To represent the Regional Office at Gold Award Presentations and to ensure adequate cover is provided by the Operations Officers.
• To produce and implement through the Operations Officers a strategy for licence reviews within the relevant area of the Region to include a timetable and a set process to ensure a consistent approach is taken in all reviews.
• In conjunction with the Regional Director, identify areas for potential growth and undertake a programme of promotion and recruitment to prospective new Licensed Organisations within the relevant area of the Region.
• Provide support in identifying new Regional income streams, including the preparation of funding applications to the public and private sector and with bids to trusts and foundations for development work.
• To assist with the planning, promotion and management of Regional events.
• To assist with the implementation of the DofE’s ICT strategy within the Regional Office and across our Operating Authorities.
• To support the Regional Director and other Regional team members as necessary
To apply for this role, please get in touch with the Transition team via this email address or on 01392 346421/29