SOUTH COAST CHALLENGE
100km & 50km or 25km options Take on some of England's finest scenery - up Beachy.... Read More »
The role will involve creating regular opportunities to engage with our network of delivery partners, including periodic formal reviews of their DofE Operating Licence.
You will also be responsible for increasing the availability of DofE to the young residents of the Region.
This will involve:
• Establishing new Centres in co-operation with existing and new Licensed Organisations
• Encouraging non-participating schools and other potential providers to start Groups
• Promoting DofE to other organisations which work with young people, particularly those from deprived backgrounds.
Reporting directly to an Operations Manager and working within the Central England Regional Office team, your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Establish, promote and maintain strong working relationships with Licensed Organisations (LOs) to ensure the delivery of high quality DofE programmes across the Region.
• Be responsible for the contribution to the Region’s performance, programme quality and financial targets made by your portfolio of LOs.
• Assist in the achievement of Regional growth by driving the achievement of staff and volunteers in the Region.
• Identify and develop possible new LOs or Approved Activity Providers within the Region.
• Ensure effective day to day contact and support for LOs, including the induction and training of new LO staff.
• Perform Licence Reviews in line with the licensing cycle.
• Assist with the planning, promotion and management of regional events.
• Assist with the planning, promotion and delivery of regional training to LO staff and volunteers.
• Work with the LOs to develop capacity to deliver training.
• Attend LO meetings and presentations as agreed with the Operations Manager. (Some of these will require evening or weekend working.)
• Develop DofE work with disadvantaged young people, those with special needs and those from minority ethnic communities.
• Keep abreast of Government, Local Authority and other policies and link these to the policy and operation of the DofE in the Region.
• Ensure the delivery of the DofE via your allocated LOs meets UK quality standards and work with staff and volunteers to develop strategies to maintain and improve quality.
• Assist with queries and enquiries received at the Regional Office.
The post holder will also:
• Contribute to achieving the overall objectives of the DofE Charity.
• Undertake any additional and ad hoc tasks as required.
• Participate in team meetings and other meetings as required.
• Assist at fundraising events when appropriate.
• Work within an equal opportunities framework.
• Adhere to all the DofE Charity’s policies, procedures and working practice.
Although your basic working hours are 35 hours/week Monday-Friday, the role requires a lot of flexible working and there may well be occasions when you will be required to attend evening or weekend events and meetings. In such circumstances you will be expected to ‘shift’ your day accordingly or, in some cases, ‘time off in lieu’ may be agreed.
This role will require the successful applicant to live in Bedfordshire or Luton. However, you should be prepared to travel within the Central England Region where required.
As our network grows we undertake regular reviews of Operations Officers portfolios and responsibilities so operational areas can change. The Region’s office is based at Sutton Coldfield where you will be expected to attend Regional meetings, however the role is home based and your main duties will be undertaken in Bedfordshire and Luton.
To apply for this role, please get in touch with the Transition team via this email address or on 01392 346421/29